Prom. So what's the big deal? Is all the fuss really worth it? In a word, YES! There aren't dozens of movies made lamenting missing prom because no one cares. While there are many excuses you can use to justify not going, here are a few reasons we believe you should attend.
1. Great reason to buy an expensive dress: Most girls only get to splurge on a fancy dress for their wedding. Unless you attend paegents, prom is a great reason to buy an amazing dress.
2. Formal pictures: When was the last time you had a formal portrait made (not in pajamas with Santa)? You'll be dressed to kill and surrounded by friends. Embrace your inner super model and get out there.
3. The last formal dance: Unless you are in a sorority, the prom will be your last chance to attend a formal dance. If you do attend a sorority, prom will be good practice for the dances to come.
4. You will miss out: Everyone will be talking about what happened Monday morning. You won't know who danced with whom or who won best dressed if you don't attend.
5. Regret not going: You will always regret not going. Face it - hundreds of movies are based on the regret of missing prom. Do you want to be able to identify with all of them?
6. Lenient parents: This will be the one night your parent's extend your curfew and let you bend the rules. Enjoy staying out a little later with your friends.
7. Your boyfriend will be dressed up: Have you ever seen your boyfriend all decked out with his hair cut, clean shaven and in a a tuxedo? You won't regret this rare opportunity.
8. The memories: You will have memories of prom to last the rest of your life. Good, bad or ugly you won't regret the stories you collect while attending your prom.
A city teenager moves to a small town where rock music and dancing have been banned, and his rebellious spirit shakes up the populace.
Good girl Sandy and greaser Danny fell in love over the summer. But when they unexpectedly discover they're now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance?
A group of teenagers get ready for their high school prom.
5. AMERICAN PIE
Four teenage boys enter a pact about prom night.
A journalist enrolls in her old highschool as part of her research for a story.
A high school jock makes a bet that he can turn an unattractive girl into the school's prom queen.
A poor girl must choose between the affections of her doting childhood sweetheart and a rich but sensitive playboy.
A new kid must find a guy to date the meanest girl in school, the older sister of the girl he has a crush on, who cannot date until her older sister does.